Carrier air conditioners have remained one of the biggest names in HVAC since founder Willis Carrier invented the first modern air conditioning system in 1902. Since then, thousands of Canadian home owners have trusted their comfort to Carrier AC units, which are known for their high energy-efficiency standards and reliability.
If you’re having issues with your AC, and are in need of Carrier air conditioning repair and troubleshooting tips, you’ve come to the right place. Our experts recommend the following steps to get your system working again, or to determine if it is in need of professional repairs:
- Start by determining if power is getting to your air conditioning unit. Outside, check to see that power switch is in the “on” position. This switch can be found mounted to the exterior of your home, typically within a few feet of the AC unit. Indoors, check that a breaker has not been tripped in your home’s electrical panel. If you find a tripped breaker, flip it to the “on” position.
- Make sure your furnace’s blower motor is running, ensuring that the switch is in the “on” position as well.
- Check your thermostat to see if it is in “cool” mode, not “heat” mode, and that the desired temperature is set lower than the current temperature in your home.
- Replace or clean your air filter. A clogged filter does not allow for proper airflow, and can result in your air conditioner shutting down.
- Check that none of the return-air grilles in your home are blocked. If furniture or other items are blocking them, the reduced airflow can have an impact on your AC unit’s performance.
- Similarly, ensure that all supply air registers throughout your home are not blocked, and are open and blowing air.
- Examine all components of your air conditioning equipment, both indoors and out. If you notice any signs of damage, wear or loose connections, call a pro for assistance.
Carrier Air Conditioner Repair
If you’ve tried the above Carrier air conditioner repair and troubleshooting steps, but you’re still encountering problems, it’s time to call in a pro for expert repairs. At Evam Canada, we specialize in making repairs to all Carrier AC makes and models. Our technicians are highly trained to diagnose and fix all air conditioning problems so your system can get back up and running to keep your home comfortable.
Have questions about your Carrier air conditioner or need troubleshooting tips? Contact Evam Canada. We’re here to help residents of Mississauga and the GTA with all their air conditioning needs!