Payne Air Conditioner Troubleshooting Tips
Payne air conditioners continue to be a top choice for homeowners looking for an affordable and efficient air conditioning system. Since 1914, Payne has offered high-quality heating and cooling equipment in the United States and Canada, with a focus on savings, reliability and comfort.
Need assistance with your Payne air conditioner troubleshooting? Our expert AC technicians recommend the following troubleshooting tips as a first step if you find that your Payne air conditioner is not working as it should. The following steps should solve many of the most common AC issues. However, if you’re still experiencing problems, we recommend getting in touch with a professional!
- If the compressor and condenser fan do not run on your Payne air conditioner, check that a circuit breaker has not been tripped. Check at the panel for any tripped breakers and reset them if necessary.
- The next step in your Payne air conditioner troubleshooting should be a visual inspection of the indoor and outdoor equipment. Look at all wiring and connections to see if they are secure. Look for signs of damage, water leakage and other physical signs that your unit needs professional repair.
- Remove the air filter and check for blockage. A very dirty air filter will shorten the life of your air conditioner, and can even cause it to shut off as a result of reduced airflow.
- Ensure that your thermostat is turned from “heat” mode to “cool” mode. Once in “cool” mode, turn down the current temperature by 5 degrees to see if this causes your air conditioner to turn on.
- Check the blower motor in your furnace to ensure it is running. The furnace switch should be in the “on” position even when your system is in cooling mode.
Payne Air Conditioner Maintenance
Once you’ve completed your Payne air conditioner troubleshooting or repairs, you can prevent issues in the future by opting for a regular AC maintenance plan. By scheduling expert maintenance for your air conditioning system, you’ll make sure it’s always ready to cool your home when you need it.
For more information on AC maintenance or Payne air conditioner troubleshooting, contact the professional team at Evam Canada. We’d be happy to schedule an appointment to have an expert take a look at your Payne air conditioner and get it working like new. We’re familiar with all makes and models, so our specialists are prepared to answer your questions!